This map is a scan of the original which had belonged to W J Larnach.
Larnach's map was printed onto small sections of paper which was glued on to cloth.
The brown lines on the map are the cloth. The map was folded up along the cloth lines and encased in a leather book bound book like- cover bearing Larnach's name in gold lettering.
1871 was also the year William Larnach began building the Castle.
The original map was purchased at auction and returned to the Castle
This map is packaged in a tube for careful transportation.